NEW CANCELLATION AND TICKET EXCHANGE RULES
Based on ANTT Resolution 4.282 of 02/17/2014, and Resolution 4.432 of 09/2014, new ticket cancellation and exchange rules have been effective from 01/03/14. JCA has decided to adopt these rules on 02/01/15 so its customers can become more familiar with them.
Make sure you are familiarized with eventual changes to ticket cancellation and exchange rules.
- The ticket must display the name of the passenger at the time of purchase.
- The ticket is nominal, which means that only the passenger named on the ticket can make changes so someone else can travel on his/her behalf.
TICKET EXCHANGE Interstate travel [based on ANTT – National Land Transport Agency (Agência Nacional de Transporte Terrestre) Resolution 4.282 of February 17th, 2014 and 4.432 of September/2014:
- The final destination and date stated on your ticket may be changed up to 3 (three) hours prior to the scheduled departure time, which may be subject to additional charge.
- Changes made after 3 (three) hours prior to the scheduled itinerary and departure time are subject to an additional charge equivalent to 20% of the total fare price.
CANCELING YOUR TICKET(S) Interstate travel [based on ANTT – National Land Transport Agency (Agência Nacional de Transporte Terrestre) Resolution 4.282 of February 17th, 2014 and 4.432 of September/2014:
- You may visit one of our ticket offices to cancel the destination and departure location stated on your ticket up to 3 hours before boarding, observing their hours of operation. The ticket is subject to a service charge equivalent to 5% of the total fare price.
- An original photo ID must be presented upon boarding.
- Minors are required to present their own ticket upon boarding. There will be no charge for children under 6 years of age if they are sitting on an accompanying passenger’s lap.
- Minors may board upon presentation of original photo ID, Passport, or Birth Certificate. Accompanying passengers are also required to present proper documentation. Birth certificates will be accepted as official documents until September 1st, 2015, as determined by ANTT Resolution No. 4511/2014. However, only original documents or notarized copies will be accepted.
INTERSTATE ROUTES – SUBJECT TO AN ADDITIONAL 5% CHARGE IN CASE OF CANCELLATION
Starting 03/06/2016, Viação Cometa will charge an additional cancellation fee equivalent to 5% (five per cent) of any interstate route under ARTESP jurisdiction (Federal Law 10.406/2002, Civil Code, article 740).
Passengers must revalidate their tickets at a Cometa branch no later than 3 (three) hours prior to boarding time in order to avoid additional charge.